Saturday, February 6, 2010

treat bags!



Wow!  Two days in a row!  Today I want to share the treat bags we handed out at Mason's first birthday party. They are pretty simple and not nearly as embellished as I would normally make, but I had to make 30 of them at 11:00 and couldn't go to bed until they were finished, so you get what you get (one of Michael's favorite sayings).

We decided on an m&m themed party since Mason loves m&m's (thanks Gramma!)  One baggie has m&m's and the other has m&m themed magnets.  The big ones are images I found on Google images and printed, the small ones are m's I cut with my cricut, glued on m&m colored paper.  Then I just used Tombow Mono Aqua to attach the paper to the back of a glass half-marble, hot glued on the super-tiny rare earth magnet, and there ya go!

A word of caution, make sure to keep these tiny magnets away from small kids.  Mine are adhered really well.  Remember when all of those magnetic toys got recalled because of kids swallowing them?  If you use a small, powerful magnet with small kids, there is always some risk.  Just be careful!
My sis and I wrote the poem.  She was in the car making her four hour trip home, and I was babysitting a friend's kids.  It was an interesting conversation, to say the least.


Being 1 is so much fun.
There's lots of things to do!
I climb the stairs when Mom can't see,

and sneak some kibble too!

I skipped right past the walking,
and now I run so fast!
Can't wait to see what next year holds!
More trouble than the last?

Here's a bag of goodies,
to leave you with a grin.
With love from Mason Cade.
Let the fun begin!

Okay, so I never said I was a poet!

6 comments:

Gina Lindsay said...

Looks like a fun party! Your little treat bags are cute, and a perfect reminder of a little one that loves M&Ms.

Sandi Berg said...

What fun projects! Love the poem!

Pink Room Therapy Designs said...

Very cute -- the poem is so very true!

Christine Riley said...

So cute!
Hugs, Christine

Suzanne said...

Awesome idea!! I love M&Ms, so I am going to try this out someday!

Alison said...

That's awesome! I love that banner and the favors! The cake looks pretty darn tasty too!