Friday, December 4, 2009

Christmas Nails

I got this great poem from Vicki at Bountiful Blessings.  She has a great setup that she can print and attach the nail.  What an awesome idea!  I changed it up a bit to give to my family and friends and also to use at my last few craft shows of the season.  Wish I found it sooner!  Anyway, this was pretty simple for me.  I printed the poem, cut it to size.  Next, I cut a frame and a shadow frame to fit with my cricut on scal.  I used a frame from 09kutups.  The nail is a masonry nail, found at Lowes or HD, and actually not all that heavy.  I hope you enjoy!  The poem follows... thank you Vicki!


The Christmas Nail

Each year on my Christmas tree,
I hang a nail for all to see.

It’s for all the nails
In the manger where He lay,
And for the nails piercing
His body as His life drained away.

It’s a reminder of His love
Midst the green of the tree,
Of the gift that was given,
For you and for me.

Hanging there brightly
On it’s little red cord,
Telling of Jesus,
Our Savior, our Lord.

3 comments:

Vicki said...

Jenn, this so beautiful! You did an awesome job with it! I know your family is going to be thrilled to get them! Blessings to you!

Ronnie said...

great start to the blogging world. I look forward to seeing more of your work. tfs. INky

Unknown said...

Fabulous project!